Veteran's Day is Wednesday, Nov. 11 and is an attendance day for students. Classrooms will be doing a moment of silence to honor our Veteran's.
Have a great day,
Katie and Derrick
Family Income Information Form (FIIF) Action Requested - We need your help. We currently have only 26% of these forms handed in. Please complete this form and return to the school by Nov. 18 (updated date). You do not have to list your income, but the form helps inform school funding. Send electronically to Gloria, our clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off or mail to the school.
LSC Candidate Literature - Please see attached for the candidate literature for those running for LSC. You can also visit http://www.skinnernorth.org/lsc-elections-2020.html to see the literature and learn more about the election.
LSC Election Pollwatchers (note for candidates) - Pollwatchers play a critical role as part of the check and balances which assure that every voter’s vote is counted and recorded properly.
LSC candidates, you can access the the pollwatcher credential at the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U_XtKCgF_ZASqQLVNoUCfHwnz0blb4XH/view?usp=sharing or pick up copies at the school between the hours of 8 and 3:30 on school days.
Each candidate is entitled to identify up to three pollwatchers. However, only one pollwatcher per candidate can be in the polling place. Candidates are not allowed to be in the polling place, except for voting, unless they are a declared pollwatcher and have completed the pollwatcher credential form attached here.
In order to comply with the Governor’s orders on maximum people present, pollwatchers in the polling place may be asked to rotate their position with other pollwatchers in the polling place to prevent exceeding the current Governor’s guideline for the maximum number of people in a room.
Report Cards - Report Cards will be mailed to families. The district will postmark both report cards and IEP report cards for distribution during the week of parent-teacher conferences. You can also access grades using Aspen Parent Portal. . If parents aren't signed up for the Parent Portal, they can go to cps.edu/parent for sign-up instructions.
November Spirit Days (Date Corrections in yellow) –
Monday, Nov. 23 - Spirit Day (Turkey Trot)
· We encourage students to wear their tennis shoes to class and go for a walk/run around their house or outside (with a parent or parent permission).
Tuesday, Nov. 24 - Spirit Day - Be thankful and Stop
Drop and Draw
· We ask students to create and/or wear a headpiece (hat, headband, etc.) that represents being thankful to them.
Network 4/1 Virtual High School Fair - Our network is excited to offer this opportunity to students and families that will be held on November 12th from 4:30-6:00 PM via Google Hangouts. Please see the following flier for more information.
Virtual High School Fair Flyer (English/Spanish). A couple of updates in preparation for the event:
- Berenice Pond (N4 FACE Manager) has recorded an overview video in English and Spanish with instructions on how to navigate the fair- Spanish | English
- Here is the link to the N4/N1 High School Fair Menu. Feel free to share with students in preparation for the fair so they can research the many opportunities available and develop questions. Links to the individual rooms will be added here on the day of the event.
- Please join the fair by using their CPS email account. In the event that a student or parent tries to join using a non-cps account (“outside organization”), they will need to receive permission to join the room.
- Students/families are being encouraged to spend 5-10 minutes in each room. Just like our traditional fairs, this is a great opportunity to see/experience many schools in one night.