Please be mindful of all announcements (and attachments) below
· Single Story Parent Session #2 – Tuesday, June 9th
· LSC Principal Evaluation Meeting – Monday June 8th
· LSC Meeting – Wednesday, June 10th (new membership update information)
· Student Item Retrieval Information
· Skinner North J @School Weekly Greeting
As we approach the end of this school year, please know that you are truly missed. Learning to navigate remote learning during this pandemic, while challenging, has hopefully allowed us to develop a stronger sense of self and family.
Recent events and the current state of the world, while emotional for me, have also strengthened my sense of self and those around me. As an African-American male and a school leader, I share that with you to say that we will continue to find ways to encourage our school community to learn and engage with cultures and people who differ. As a school, our team is committed to launching additional programming to challenge our students to find common ground around similarities while confronting and discussing differences. Please be on the lookout for opportunities to join us on this journey.
A great opportunity to start those conversations are with the parent discussions that are being held in conjunction with Single Story. For those who could not attend last night’s session, you missed a treat. Never fear, you can join on this Tuesday evening for session #2. If you did not attend the first session, you can still join us. We also ask that you do not bring children to the session. The log-in information is listed below
· Single Story Parent Session #2:
Topic: "How to talk to kids about race and racism" Skinner North Parent Conversation
Time: Jun 9, 2020 06:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
· LSC Principal Evaluation Committee Meeting: Please see the attached agenda for the June 8 @ 5PM Principal Evaluation Committee meeting. Virtual log-in information is included on the agenda.
· LSC Agenda and update on new membership: Due to the school closures, LSC elections have been rescheduled for November of 2020, with a new term starting in January. Much of our current LSC will be extending their term an additional six months. However, we have two parent representatives whose children are graduating from Skinner North this year, and will no longer be eligible to serve on the LSC. At this Wednesday’s meeting, the LSC will be selecting two additional parent representatives for the next six months. If you wish to be considered for this, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by Monday, June 8 at 9AM. You can include a candidate statement that will be distributed to the rest of the LSC, and prepare a 3 minute introduction if you are able to join the meeting virtually. See attached agenda with meeting information.
· Student Item Retrieval Information: Attached is a detailed letter highlighting the retrieval of student items. Along with picking up student items, there will be an area where you can return books, sports uniforms and any other school items. Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions around student retrieval.
· Skinner North J@School Weekly Greeting:
It’s the Skinner North J@School team here again with another video we would love for you to check out. We hope everyone has been able to stay safe and sound during what has been a heavy week of events across the nation. Let us know what you think and how you're doing if you can, we all miss you very much.
J@School Recess and Aftercare Site Leader
Skinner North Classical School
Have a great weekend and be safe.