I hope you are doing well and enjoying this Friday. Please see below for a few important updates and reminders.
Have a great weekend,
VIRTUAL AUTHOR VISIT NEXT WEEK!
Skinner North K-8 classrooms will have the special opportunity to meet virtually with Zetta Elliott! Dr. Elliott is an award-winning Black feminist author and educator based in Chicago. Her work consists of poetry, plays, essays, novels, and stories for children. Thank you to Ms. Castillo for her planning collaboration with our upcoming, poetry-focused Author Talk on Wednesday, March 30th!
Resources to check out with your child(ren) to support the learning:
Poetry Recitation of Pieces in Say Her Name
Skinner North Family Survey (Thinking to SY23)
Your opinion is very important to us as we plan for the next school year. You and our students have experienced two years unlike any other with varied schedules and ways to engage (remote, hybrid, flip to remote, in person, etc.). Your experiences help use better plan and think through the coming year.
Please complete this anonymous survey to share your thoughts on what, in your thinking, would be helpful to prioritize for your child(ren) and also best ways for us to engage your family next school year. The information will help us to further plan for budget allocations in alignment with our CIWP (Continuous Improvement Work Plan) for the coming school year.
The survey will close on Thursday, March 31. Use this link to access.
LSC Candidate Forum – Please see this link for a video of the LSC Candidate Forum which occurred on 3/23. Elections will take place on April 20 between 6AM and 7PM.
Report Card Pick Up – We will have report card pick up day on Wednesday, April 20 from 8:30-3:30. Teachers will be sending sign ups for spots in the near future.
2022-2023 School Calendar – CPS has approved the calendar for the next school year. Highlights of the 2022-23 Academic Calendar:
· A school start date of Monday, August 22, 2022 and an end date of Wednesday, June 7, 2023
· Students complete their first semester prior to Winter Break on Friday, December 22, 2022
· 176 days of instruction for students
· 12 professional learning days for teachers and school-based staff (this includes2 days more than this school year)
· 1 parent-teacher conference day for both HS and ES students in the fall of 2022 and 1 for both HS and ES students in the spring of 2023 instead of separate days for HS and ES students in both the fall and spring
· 2 weeks of winter vacation and 1 week of spring vacation
· No student instruction during the entire week of Thanksgiving