I hope everyone is staying warm with the cold weather. Please read below for a few updates and reminders.
Have a wonderful weekend,
COVID 19 Vaccination Event at Skinner North – On Friday, February 11, 2022, we will have a vaccination clinic set up at our school. This flier contains codes/links for the appointments and consent.
A medical team will return to our location three weeks later to provide access to 2nd doses.
Parents/guardians of 5-17yo must provide consent and are encouraged to be present with their child at this time. They will have a supply of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 5-11 yo and 25 appointments available for boosters.
8th Grade Fundraiser – On Wednesday, Jan. 26, our 8th graders have teamed up with Lou Malnati’s (Lincoln Square, Bucktown/Wicker Park, South Loop) for a fundraiser. Oder on the day and mention Skinner North and 20% of those sales will go towards the 8th graders trip to Washington, DC. You can order online and use the code FUNDFSN22. See this flier for more information.
Winter After School Programming - We are excited to begin the registration process for our winter after-school programs. Please use this link to register. If you are registering multiple students, or for multiple clubs, you will need to fill out multiple forms.
Forms are due today, Friday, Jan 21st at 3:30pm.
Acceptance emails will be sent out by Wednesday, Jan 26th.
Clubs start on Monday, Jan. 31st.
All programs are free of charge and run from 3:30-4:45. Pick up is at the main door at 4:45 SHARP!
- Remember to ask yourself the daily screener questions regarding your student. You can view them at Self-Screening Health Questions for Parents (English).pdf.
- If your child tests positive or has a close contact, remember you must self report at https://chicagopsprod.service-now.com/health?id=cps_self_report.
- Remember students who are fully vaccinated (2 weeks after second shot) and showing no symptoms are able to come even if the rest of their class is directed to quarantine. (Students need to have a vaccination card on file. You can bring a copy to the main office or email our nurse, Courtney Blissitt at email@example.com.)
- Per CPS, only students who are in a OSHW or CDPH quarantine due to a positive COVID tested or unvaccinated exposure are able to access remote learning. If your student is sick for another reason or you choose to keep your vaccinated student home, access to remote learning is not provided.
- We just received student KN95 masks and will be distributing to students on Monday.
- COVID testing happens on Tuesdays. Sign up using https://home.color.com/covid/sign-up/start?partner=tf-ski-610534-students. If your student has had COVID in the last 90 days, they may still test positive. Please reach out to me if you want to pause your student's testing based on this.
- We currently have 6 classrooms flipped (unvaccinated students are quarantined, vaccinated students are able to attend in person.)