Remember Monday (10/10) is Indigenous People’s Day and there is no school.
Have a wonderful long weekend,
Katie and Mattea
Local School Council Agenda - Our next LSC meeting is Wednesday, October 12 at 10AM. Please see this link for the agenda and virtual login information.
Battle of the Books - We're excited to participate in our third year of Battle of the Books and are seeking volunteer coaches! There are 2 open coach slots for grades 4th-6th and 1 slot for a 7th-8th coach. There is some flexibility here, as you *can* meet virtually but it is preferred that you meet in person. In the past, teams have met once every 2 weeks. The positions are open to staff and parents.
If you're a parent, you must be cleared as a level 1 volunteer and can start that process here: https://chicagopublicschools.civicore.com/admin/index.php?section=application&action=new
Click here to view this year's book list.
If you're interested in coaching and/or have any questions regarding BoB, please email Ms. Syed at email@example.com.
Fall Fest - A few hundred Skinner North students, staff, & families came together on the gorgeous fall day on Friday to celebrate community, to raise funds for the school, and to have fun! THANK YOU, Skinner North Fall Fest parent volunteers (all 50+ of you!), for building a fantastic event! Your time, energy, and enthusiasm are part of what makes this school community special.
Thank you to those of you who participated in the Mystery Box Raffle! Prize winners will be announced at school this week.
This year was only the 2nd time FoSN hosted Fall Fest, a 100% parent volunteer-planned and run event. Click here to share your thoughts. Your feedback is appreciated to shape future planning.
- Oct 10: NO SCHOOL due to Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Oct 11: Hard Lockdown Drill (see Skinner North Community Newsletter - Oct for detail)
- Oct 11 (8:30-9:30am): 5th + 6th Grade Parent-Teacher Coffee
- Oct 14 (8:30-9:30am): 7th + 8th Grade Parent-Teacher Coffee
- Oct 14 (8:30-9:30am): Diverse Needs Committee meeting (Parent Room 105 or Google Meet)
- Oct 15: Physical, Vision, Dental forms due
- Oct 20: End of 1st Quarter
- Oct 21: NO SCHOOL due to School Improvement Day
- Oct. 24: Diwali (Recess Rangoli)
- Oct. 26: Sharad Navratri
- Oct. 27: Picture Day
- Nov. 3 (8:00-9:00am): CIWP Committee Meeting
- Nov. 11: Diverse Needs Committee meeting (Parent Room 105 or Google Meet)