Have a great day,
Supply Lists - Please see this link for the supply lists for the upcoming school year. Click on your students' grade level to access the list.
Construction Projects - We have been limited in summer programs due to our construction projects that are happening. The projects include some exterior/interior painting, new roof, new circle drive and some masonry work. We are excited for students to come back to a refreshed building.
Health and Safety Updates for the 2021-22 School Year - Please see information shared by the district in regards to health and safety measures for the coming year at the following link: http://www.skinnernorth.org/latest-news/important-health-safety-updates-for-the-2021-22-school-year
In case you missed it:
Virtual Academy (Today is the last day of sign up) - Though a majority of students will return to school five days a week, we anticipate that a small subset of students will need to continue remote learning based on medical needs verified by a healthcare provider. To support these students, CPS is launching Virtual Academy: a central model of remote instruction. All instruction in the Virtual Academy will need to be in compliance with Illinois School Code 10-29. Students will be able to transition back into in-person learning (at the quarter mark for elementary, and at the semester mark for high school) based on changing situations. All students not enrolled in the Virtual Academy will attend in person learning next year.
Applications for Virtual Academy will be approved through the Office of Student Health & Wellness. The APPLICATION WINDOW opens June 18th and closes July 23rd.
- Students who meet the medical fragility requirements and want to enroll in the virtual academy should apply.
- To apply, have the COVID-19 Health Eligibility form submitted by a licensed medical provider [Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)].
- Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 773-553-6563 to the attention of Virtual Enrollment.
To learn about Virtual Academy and how to apply, please visit cps.edu/VirtualAcademy.
Before and After Care -
We are excited to share information for our new before and after school care provider. We are partnering with Right at School this year. They will provide daily before and after school, paid programming for students. (Programming starts on the first day of school Aug. 30. The website had an error. I believe it is now corrected.)
See their informational flier at this link.
The link to sign up is https://rightatschool-skinner-north-classical-school.jumbula.com/#/2021-22-before-after-school.
- We will not be able to offer free care from 8-8:30 like we did in the past. Only students signed up for before care/before school programming and bus riders will be able to enter the building prior to 8:30.
- If cost is a barrier for you, there are discounts available on the Right at School website. (You can also email Katie (email@example.com) if you need help navigating this.)
- We will also be offering free programming through After School All-Stars during the year. These are typically 10-20 week programs (1-2 days a week). The program information/registration usually comes out in October.
- You can find more information about Stanton Park District Programming at https://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks-facilities/stanton-edwin-park. Fall programming is not posted yet. (Stanton Park is attached to our building and we usually have a number of students attend after care there.)