CPS is working to support students, parents, and families with accurate information about the COVID-19 vaccines.
Here’s what you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- The COVID-19 vaccine is a safe and effective way to protect yourself and your community against COVID-19.
- The vaccine teaches our immune system how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19.
- The Moderna, Pfizer, and J&J vaccines have all been proven to be effective at preventing severe illness and death from COVID-19.
● All Chicago residents 12 years and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Minors under the age of 18 will need a parent or legal guardian present for the vaccine to be given.
● Schedule your student’s COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible and their annual wellness checkup to ensure they have all required immunizations.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccines or to schedule an appointment, visit our resource page – COVID-19 Vaccination. To learn more about all services that the CPS Office of Student Health and Wellness can offer, please visit cps.edu/cfbu or call the Healthy CPS hotline at 773.553.KIDS (5437).