- Review school and program options in one place
- Rank these school and program choices based on their preferences
- Be matched with their highest possible choice for high school
The new application process will feature five key phases, the first of which, “Subscribe,” launched this week.
- Subscribe (May – June 2017): Sign up to receive important updates and announcements
- Research (June – July 2017): Conduct detailed research to find the best school for your child
- Activate (August – September 2017): Create an account and access your student’s eligibility
- Apply (October – December 2017): Complete applications with one system and one deadline
- Match (January – June 2018): Get matched and receive high school offers
Each month, CPS is planning to open access to the new features listed in the dates above. This will lead up to August 2017, when families will be able to able to begin using the application functions of the site and October 2017 when high school applications will become available.
But before then, there’s still a lot to do, so current seventh grade families are encouraged to visit Go.CPS.edu as soon as possible to start reading about the new application process and to subscribe to the GoCPS mailing list. This will allow them to receive important instructions, announcements and advance notifications that are critical to completing the application process.
With GoCPS, Chicago Public Schools wants to empower all students to attend the school with the best environment, programs and activities for them while creating an application process is that is more equitable, transparent and simple for everyone. Stay tuned for more updates to come.