Please see an update from the diversity committee. They do so much for our school community and we are very grateful for their continued support!
The Current Need: Committee Co-Chairs
Wonderful incoming kindergarten caregiver, Sylvia Shi, will serve as one of the committee co-chairs next school year. As current caregivers who are more familiar with the school, let's give her an assist! Please check out this Diversity Committee Slideshow to celebrate our work over recent years as you consider what YOU would like to plan next. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (this email account will not be checked regularly during the summer) to raise your hand to pick up a leadership role with a group of fantastic volunteers.
Thank you for your contributions to committee planning and activities this school year. Your #TEAMwork is appreciated in building a strong, empathetic school community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Jan-June '23 Highlight Reel:
* Staff Professional Development: The Asian American Experience: A Primer with Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago
* Monday Sunshine Staff Food & Drink Treat Donations
* Lunar New Year Celebration: Awesome cultural show + activities
* Interfaith Virtual Dialogue Workshop with Interfaith America
* Sharing Teaching Tools with SN Staff
* Holi Daytime Assembly & Author Visit with Ajanta Chakraborty of Bollywood Groove
* Holi After School Throwing Colors
* Literacy Night Activity (collaboration with Mrs. Mulligan): Windows, Mirrors, and Sliding Glass Doors with Multicultural Books
* Assembly with Chicago Urban Historian, Shermann Dilla Thomas
* Filipino Tinikling Dance with Mr. Popowich and Ms. Castillo
* International Fest (back indoors!): Student cultural show + activities
* Caribbean Book Order for Ms. Walkowski & K-1 Team