Based on the expected staffing levels at our school Monday, January 10, classes will be canceled for our students. (Please note: This may be subject to change based on negotiations between CPS and CTU. CPS will keep us updated on any developments.) We hope to be able to welcome our students back to our school as soon as possible and will provide a daily plan each day next week until we fully return.
Some schools in the district are able to offer in person activities; however, this is based on staffing capacity. We do not currently have the staffing capacity to host students. I am working through a few scenarios to help us offer programming next week if work stoppage continues. That being said, please complete this survey to help guide our future planning.
As a reminder, there are many resources that families can take advantage of while our school is closed:
- Take-home breakfasts and lunches will continue to be available at our school on week days from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. for all students.
- Independent Learning Projects are available for all students. Elementary School | High School)
- Students have IXL and/or Freckle access (Chromebooks were sent home on Tuesday with students.)
- The Safe Haven Sites listed here are available for childcare. Sites will be open from 8 a.m.–3 p.m. Registration is available on site and a parent or guardian must be present with the child at the time of registration.
- Community-based organizations throughout the city are offering daytime programs for students. A list of programs can be found here. This list will be updated as new programs are identified. For more information about programs and how to register, please reach out to the contact or visit the website listed.
- Chicago Park District field houses will be open during normal operating hours. These facilities will be available to CPS students ages six and older. All Chicago Park District programs will take place as scheduled. For more information on park locations and hours of operation, visit chicagoparkdistrict.com.
- Chicago Public Library locations are open during normal hours (children must be accompanied by an adult and can’t be left at the library unattended). Libraries will have grab-and-go kits with activities for children to do in the library or to take home.
COVID Testing - We will still host our covid testing for students on Tuesday, Jan. 11 from 9:00-3:00. If we are not back in person, you are welcome to bring your student to the school to test during those hours.
CPS SCORE! - All CPS SCORE! athletic practices and games are on pause through the weekend.
Family Income Information Forms (Reminder) - The FIIF (English/Spanish) is critical in determining the allocation of Supplemental Aid (SA) and Title I funds to our school for FY23. Additionally, it is frequently used as a needs-based data metric for eligibility or priority with other resources or funding. It is also used to screen for healthcare (Medicaid) and SNAP benefit eligibility for families. Our school is currently at 79.5% completion rate. If you have not already done so, we would appreciate your help in getting these forms in. Please complete the form and return to the school by Jan. 10 (the deadline was extended from November.) You do not have to list your income, but the form helps inform school funding. You need to include the student name, your signature and date. Submit by sending electronically to Gloria, our clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off at the school, or mail to the school.