Thanks to everyone who came to the Back to School Night. It was so nice to see you! We hope you had a chance to explore, meet teachers, and get updated on the 2015-2016 school year. Please see the included PDF for information shared at the opening session.
Skinner North is hosting our Back to School Night on Thursday, September 24 from 4-6PM. The night will start with a short presentation by Ethan and Katie, and then, students will have the opportunity to show parents their classrooms. Hope to see you there!
We are excited to welcome back students on Tuesday! Teachers worked hard throughout last week to ready the building for our students. Below are a few things to remember.
1. The school day goes from 8:30AM-3:30PM. Upon entry, students (grades 1st - 2nd) should go directly to the cafeteria, while students in grades 3-8th should go directly to the gym. Kindergarten students may drop off supplies at their cubbies and then, go to the cafeteria.
2. Our next LSC meeting is at in the auditorium. We will be giving a State of the School Address as well.
3. For Drop-Off and Pick-Up please remember we will have cars enter Scott Street from Halsted. If you park in the rented CHA lot do not park in the grass. Target will also let you park short-term in their lot.
4. Our Back to School Night is 9/24. Details will be provided soon.
5. If you are using the CPS Bus Service please be sure to let both your classroom teacher and Johanna (CC'd) know your child's routine for the week. Just a simple email listing what days are bus or pick-up or YG.
From the Desk of