It’s time to take the next step in the high school application process and activate your GoCPS application account. GoCPS is the district’s new online platform that streamlines the application process for Chicago Public Schools and makes it more simple, equitable and transparent for all families.
Applications don’t open until October 2, but by activating your account now, you will be able to:
- Create a username and password
- Create your primary parent/guardian profile
- Create profiles for each high school student in your family
- Link student data records for current CPS students to the profile
- View the programs your student(s) are eligible to apply to
- Verify that student records are accurate, and request updates and corrections
- “Favorite” top programs you are considering for applications in October
To begin the account activation process, visit this page: http://go.cps.edu/#/activate
In order to activate your account, you will need to use the Activation Code from a letter sent home with your student at the end of the school year. If you have misplaced or did not receive this code, please contact the Office of Access and Enrollment at 773-553-2060 from a telephone number on your student’s CPS student information file to have it reissued. The OAE call center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Activation Codes will also be included with the Eligibility Letters that will be distributed to students at school in September 2017.
No matter who is activating the account, be sure to enter the name and address of the parent/guardian with whom the student resides. The address for this parent/guardian will be the address that is used for determining tiers, proximity boundaries, and attendance and overlay boundaries.
GoCPS is optimized for view on Chrome and Safari web browsers. We recommend using one of these to access the site.
If you have any questions about the activation process, contact the Office of Access and Enrollment at 773-553-2060 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.